THOMAS H. MARTIN, CPAMANAGING PARTNER
Tom serves as the Managing Partner and is focused on serving the audit, tax, and accounting needs of manufacturing, nonprofit, education, and professional service firms. He works with clients to identify tax planning opportunities in their business and personal situations, including leveraging new opportunities ushered in through tax reform. He also works with clients who are required to present regulatory agencies, funding sources, and creditors with financial statement assurance reports (audits, compilations, or reviews). Tom works with business owners to ensure financial reporting needs are met and opportunities leveraged.
Building strong client relationships is at the center of Tom’s service approach. He understands the importance of building trust and encouraging communication. When there is an open dialogue, the opportunity for strong strategic positioning presents itself, leading to sound business decisions with the side effects of tax savings and enhanced financial reporting. Many of Tom’s clients value his opinion so much, they won’t make a decision without running it by him first. It’s this level of involvement and insight, which permits him to bring the highest level of value to clients.
Tom earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from The College of New Jersey, graduating magna cum laude. He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Bucks County United Way serving on the Audit Review Panel. Tom is a member of various other professional and community organizations.
- Author, “Best Practices for Creating a Statement of Functional Expenses” New Jersey CPA Magazine - March/April 2020
- Author, "Your Company's Audit: Get a Game Plan Ready" New Jersey CPA Magazine - August 1, 2018
- Author, "Tax Considerations on Expense Reimbursements" PIA Magazine - February 2018
- Author, "Get Your Ducks in a Row: 10 Mistakes Owners Make When Selling an Agency" PIA Magazine - July 2017
- Author, "Preparing for the New Revenue Recognition Standard" Exempt Magazine- September/October 2016
- Quoted, “2021 Business Forecast” COMMERCE Magazine – December 2020
- Quoted, “2020 Business Forecast” COMMERCE Magazine – December 2019
- Quoted, “Staffing, Training and Security – In Addition to Client Concerns, CPAs Address Their Own Issues” NJBIZ – November 18, 2019
- Quoted, “Plan the Work, Work the Plan” Commercial Real Estate Investment Magazine – November/December 2019
- Quoted, "Accounting: Construction & Real Estate Case Studies" COMMERCE Magazine - January 2018
- Quoted, "2019 Business Forecast" COMMERCE Magazine - December 2018
- Quoted, "Annual Best Practices Guide" COMMERCE Magazine - August 2017
- Quoted, "Christie Ends Income Tax Pact with Pennsylvania: Commuters Could Pay More" The Philadelphia Inquirer - September 3, 2016
- Quoted, "Meeting the Interns of Your Dreams" midJersey Business - June 2016
- Quoted, "5 Tips for Writing Off Business Equipment with Section 179" Mutual of Omaha Blog - May 27, 2016
- Quoted, "Firms Tackling Talent Shortage by Recruiting Early and Sweetening the Pot" NJBIZ - February 22, 2016