MICHELE D. SLOCUM, CPAMANAGER
Michele is a Manager focused on serving the tax planning, reporting, and compliance needs of real estate, professional service and nonprofit organizations. She enjoys working to find tax-saving opportunities, many created through tax reform, including Section 199A deductions, bonus depreciation and capital gains deferral through investment in Qualified Opportunity Zones.
Going beyond the expected is the central theme in Michele’s approach. She lays the foundation of effective tax planning and reporting but then continues to build value through additional insights on optimization strategies. She is passionate about managing federal, state, and local tax issues, but works closely with clients to ensure no saving opportunity is missed. Michele understands that management wants more than compliance; they need someone who will guide them through the complex world of business taxes.
Michele earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the College of New Jersey. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the New Jersey Society of CPAs. Michele is also a member of several local community service organizations.
- Author, "'Tis the Season for Giving, and You May Qualify for a Tax Benefit if You Donate Appreciated Stock Before Year-End" LinkedIn Pulse - December 10, 2018
- Author, "New Jersey Health Insurance Mandate" LinkedIn Pulse - November 1, 2018
- Author, "Event Recap: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: What Does it Mean for Your Business?" LinkedIn Pulse - June 13, 2018
- Author, "Event Recap: QuickBooks Over Breakfast" LinkedIn Pulse - March 1, 2018
- Quoted, “How Will Unemployment Benefits Impact Your 2020 Taxes” LegalZoom – December 7, 2020