Michelle is a Manager focused on providing compliance, reporting, and optimization services to not-for-profit organizations, professional services, and real estate companies. Her more than 16 years of experience have helped clients overcome some of the complex changes that face their organizations.
Michelle’s true passion is in helping not-for-profit organizations manage their filing and reporting compliance. Around the firm she is known as the “Form 990 Guru”, reflecting her passion for the topic and dedication to expanding that area. Beyond compliance, Michelle helps clients use their 990 as a marketing tool to attract donors and others who may serve as a source of financial support. Finally, Michelle is the leader of the firm’s Nonprofit & Education Group and is heavily focused on client service.
Michelle earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Grove City College, graduating magna cum laude. She is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Not-for-Profit Section. Michelle is actively involved in several community and charitable organizations.
- Author, "Pay Attention to the Information Reported on Form 990 - It Could Alert You to the Fact That Something is Terribly Wrong" GuideStar Blog - April 23, 2019
- Author, "Does Your Nonprofit Have UBTI?" New Jersey CPA Magazine - November/December 2018
- Author, "How to Make the Most of Your Annual Form 990 Filing" New Jersey CPA Magazine - July/August 2017
- Presenter, "Does Your 501(c) (3) Have UBTI?" Klatzkin Breakfast Briefing - October 24, 2019
- Presenter, "What Every Board Member Should Know About Form 990s" New Jersey Association of Independent Schools' Annual Trustee Enrichment Day - November 2017
- Co-Presenter, "Nonprofit Financial Statements and Form 990" Klatzkin Seminar - October 2017