Chris is a Partner and divides his time between Klatzkin’s Newtown and Hamilton offices. He focuses on serving the audit, tax, and compliance needs of independent schools and nonprofit organizations. Chris works with schools and organizations in New Jersey and Pennsylvania to navigate compliance issues, audit concerns, and tax planning matters. He has experience with OMB A-133 Single Audits, Yellow Book Audits, and HUD reporting requirements. Additionally, Chris provides guidance on tax planning issues such as Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) reporting and other post-tax reform opportunities.
Focused on delivering value, Chris offers a variety of tax, accounting, and assurance services to nonprofits and independent schools. While most come to him for assistance with compliance, it’s his passion for going deeper that allows him to deliver actionable insights that client’s value most. Chris understands that management’s needs extend beyond regulatory compliance to more complex financial reporting, investment, and operational planning.
Chris earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the College of New Jersey, graduating cum laude. He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Chris is a member of the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Associations of Independent Schools, Newtown Business Association and the Newtown Business Commons Association.
- Author, “Accounting for PPP Loans and PPP Loan Forgiveness” NetAssets– September 10, 2020
- Author, “5 Things Independent Schools Should Know About PPP Loans” NetAssets NOW - June 11, 2020
- Author, "Accounting Standard Updates Enter Second Year" NetAssets NOW - June 4, 2019
- Author, "New Liquidity Disclosure Requirements for Nonprofits" LinkedIn Pulse - January 23, 2018
- Author, "Headmaster Compensation Packages: The Tax Implications of Fringe Benefits May Be More Than You Expect" LinkedIn Pulse - December 15, 2016
- Author, "The Language of Endowment Funds for Independent Schools" LinkedIn Pulse - October 19, 2016
- Presenter, "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Implications/Presentation of Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Entities New Jersey Association Of Independent Schools Finance Officers Workshop - October 24, 2018
- Co-Presenter, "Nonprofit Financial Statements and Form 990" Klatzkin Seminar - October 2017
- Co-Presenter, "Fraud: Is Your School Safe?" Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools Biennial Conference - October 7, 2016