JOHN BLAKE, CPAPARTNER
John focuses on helping with the tax needs of real estate, technology and manufacturing, distribution, and wholesale companies. He works with management and business owners to review their business plan, tax planning process, identify additional saving opportunities, and ensure compliance and reporting deadlines are met. Also, John helps educate clients about the new opportunities available from tax reform, including bonus depreciation, enhanced expensing prospects, and qualified opportunity zones.
John’s true passion lies in uncovering strategies that help clients experience a higher profit at year-end. He works to develop key performance indicators that assess the vitality of an enterprise and reveals areas of opportunity for improvement. John routinely works with clients to implement a cash flow management process, identifies issues, and resolve business challenges promptly. It’s his proactive thinking and ability to foresee complications before they become significant challenges that clients enjoy most about working with him.
In addition to servicing clients, John serves as chair of Klatzkin’s tax committee, marketing partner and heads up college recruiting. John earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Master of Business Administration in Management from Rider University. He is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the state of New Jersey. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the New Jersey Society of CPAs. He is also actively involved with several organizations in his free time.
- Author, “How Accounting Systems Can Help Improve Cash Flow” Construction Executive – June 8, 2020
- Author, “How Construction Businesses Can Benefit From Qualified Opportunity Zones” Construction Executive – April 22, 2020
- Author, “The Value of Cost Segregation Studies” Commercial Real Estate Investment Magazine - Winter 2020
- Author, "Tax Reform Makes Cost Segregation Even More Beneficial" AccountingToday.com - July 2, 2019
- Author, "9 Best Practices for Small Business Taxes" Nationwide Blog - January 2019
- Quoted, “Accounting Section” COMMERCE Magazine – August 2020
- Quoted, “Accounting Section” COMMERCE Magazine – June 2020 (Page 26)
- Quoted, “14 Things To Know About Making End-of-Year Donations,” The Street – December 23, 2019
- Quoted, “More Surprises: A Peek at Upcoming Tax Changes" NJBIZ – October 21, 2019
- Quoted, “5 Key Things to Consider Before Expanding Your Business to a New Location” ReachFurther – September 23, 2019
- Quoted, "The First OZ Deadline Has Passed…What Now?" Connect Commercial Real Estate - July 23, 2019
- Quoted, "Annual Accounting Issue" COMMERCE Magazine - May 2019
- Quoted, "What to Do When Filing Your Company Taxes Late" ReachFurther - April 15, 2019